Programs : Brochure
- Locations: San Ignacio, Belize
- Program Terms: Spring- Embedded
- Host Program Website: Visit host website for more information
- Restrictions: PSU applicants only
This is an Introductory immersion experience to Belize open to all majors to explore formal and non-formal education about agriculture through indigenous populations with multi-lingual cultures. Upon completion of the courses sessions and travel experience, students will be able to:
1. To investigate different program structures for engaging in education in agriculture in a non-US based location.
2. To explore engagement of indigenous knowledge as a factor in effective agricultural education.
3. To discuss effective strategies for engaging multi-lingual students and families.
During the embedded travel component, housing will consist of hotel/hostel/homestay overnight accommodations.
The process for enrolling in an embedded course varies according to the instructor and/or department. The program leader has indicated that in order to enroll in the course and travel component, students are required to apply via google link (https://tinyurl.com/teachagbelize19) by November 16, 2018. Interviews if necessary. 2018. Please contact Daniel Foster email@example.com for more information.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring- Embedded||2019||08/21/2018 **||Rolling Admission||03/02/2019||03/10/2019|
|NOTE: The application deadline date is NOT as it appears above. Please contact the program leader John Ewing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this embedded program.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed