Announcements : All
All current announcements.
DACA Students are Not Recommended to Study Abroad
On September 5th, 2017, President Donald Trump announced his intent to rescind the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program after a six-month waiting period. While the administration claims that the status of DACA recipients is not in jeopardy within those six months, it is unclear what further actions may be taken.View Complete Article
Therefore, Global Programs recommends that those in the DACA program do not pursue study abroad. Doing so would increase the risk of deportation from the United States upon attempted re-entry into the country.
Academics Abroad:How to Choose Classes on a Study Abroad Program
Date and Time: March 18 5:00-6:00 pm
Location: Boucke 410
This session will help students understand the academic requirements for study abroad and how to successfully navigate the process of choosing classes. We will cover:
• How to find possible courses on a study abroad program
• The Course Equivalency Process versus Course Substitution
• The role of your Education Abroad Adviser and the Academic Adviser
• Academic policies related to study abroad
• Resources available to help with the process